Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Baked Spinach and Pea Risotto

As much as I love the creamy comfort of risotto, it's a pain in the tuchus, and time-consuming, to stand in front of the stove and stir the rice for half an hour!  When I saw this recipe in April's Real Simple, I knew it would be on my to-do list.  I wasn't sure if baking it would be as effective as doing it stovetop, as stirring the rice constantly as it cooks helps rub the starch from the grains and create the creaminess that risotto is known for.  It's worth a shot, though!
The result is this: not as rich as when made via stove, but every bit as delicious, and quite a bit easier.  Definitely give this recipe a shot.  If you want to add some sausage or browned, ground beef to the rice and veggies, it can help satisfy your carnivore cravings. 
 
 
 
P.S. Our risotto isn't the same color as Real Simple's; we used an orangey vegetable broth, which affected the rice.  It's just as tasty, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment