Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beet-Apple-Carrot Juice

This picture brings several thoughts to mind.  Here are a few of them:
-Wow, it looks like I'm drinking blood.  Do people think I'm a vampire?
-I can't believe I'm drinking something that has beets in it.  If only 15-year-old me could be here to witness it.
-What will my dad think when he sees this?
-Wow, this juice is surprisingly tasty.

Whatever this picture may make you think, I'll give the recipe below.  Try it out before judging; you may be a juicer at heart!

Beet Apple Carrot Juice
3 small beets, peeled (I used some from a pre-packaged, pre-cooked container)
1 green apple, peeled and chopped into thick cubes (I used granny smith)
4 carrots, peeled
Combine everything in a juicer.  Alternately, blend until smooth, then put through a fine-mesh sieve to get rid of excess pulp.
Serve with ice and a straw!

No comments:

Post a Comment