Friday, May 17, 2013

Abbi's Solo Babymoon Adventure to Florida!

 Last Thursday, I ventured down to south Florida to see my wonderful friends and family down there; it's probably the last time I'll get to travel solo for a while.  After landing, I was whisked to Rocco's Tacos in Jupiter for a look at this cute face!  I love being reunited with her; Haley's my best friend and just an absolutely wonderful person.

I got to spend Friday morning with my very own pool and lunch date with my oldest and dearest friend, Jessilyn!  We don't always get one-on-one time, so it felt incredibly decadent to spend hours catching up while soaking up the rays and some salads.  I love her to pieces!

 On Saturday morning, I was absolutely spoiled with a wonderful shower for the churro (and me).  Layla and I had to spend some time at Haley's while the set-up happened, and my niece was thrilled to be left alone with me.  As you can see.

 The theme of the shower was Ferdinand, the 1936 black-and-white story of a Spanish bull.  Haley and my mom are amazing for coming up with this idea.  Great excuse for some tapas (Aunt Nesi truly outdid herself), sangria, and beautiful, colorful flowers!  We feasted on empanadas, gazpacho, and lots of chorizo.  Thank goodness for stretchy dresses.

 How cute are these mama and baby cows?!

 My sweet cousins: Amber, Laura (honorary cousin), Haley, preggers chick, Megs, and Cleo (who drove down with her mom from Tennessee!).  We're a pretty good-looking bunch.  No big deal.

 Oh my goodness, how adorable is this onesie?  My mom took the gray and yellow theme seriously, and made some personalized tie outfits for her grandson.  It's going to fit him perfectly!  I'll have to share more of our great gifts in an upcoming post; this kid is already spoiled and stylish.

 Aunt Nesi was a consummate hostess, and always willing to open her house for a party.  Thank you!!

 Apparently I cut the cake slices too big.  What can you expect from a 29-week pregnant woman?

 There was an adorable onesie bar, and it was so fun to see everyone's creative take on babywear!  So, so cute.

Haley has set the bar incredibly high for showers and parties: she knows just what sort of  food and drinks to serve (tasty pomegranate juice with sparkling water), and knows me (no games, just cake, tapas, books, and clothing).  I couldn't ask for this baby to have a better aunt.  She's going to be perfect.

We spent Sunday morning at TooJay's and the flea market; so much fun!  Dad and I got a few good pictures in, too, which was worth the trip down the Florida in the first place.  Thanks for my latkes and the excellent company on Friday night!

 Then it was off to the beach for my mama's Mother's Day date: Publix subs, La Crema chardonnay, and the most perfect book for her.  It was a beautiful day, and I couldn't have spent it with two better women.

 I mean, seriously, look at this model woman.

 Here's to good women!  May we know them, may we be them, may we raise them.

 Quick churro update.  He's definitely going to be a big one!

I'll leave you with this shot of the cutest hat ever to grace the planet: a pumpkin hat for our little pumpkinhead.  Thanks, Grandma in North Carolina; it has successfully surpassed all other cute things in life.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures!!! Like living the whole shower/weekend all over again. AND for the shot of the pumpkin hat! I'll have Barbara Sue pull up your blog so she can read your accolade! XXXXX -- GG'ma

    ReplyDelete