Friday, June 7, 2013

The Churro's First Photoshoot

One of the many, many perks of being married to John Paul is being related to some amazing, creative Diegos.  His cousin, now partially my cousin, Olga, has camera talent for days.  A couple of weeks ago, she sent me a text message asking if JP and I would like for her to shoot some maternity photos for us; they'll look good in her portfolio, and we'll have something tangible to remember these days with.  
I jumped on the chance. 
We head over to a park in Woodstock (the Leita Thompson Memorial Park, part of Roswell Area Park) to take advantage of the 'magic hour' of lighting.  The field was full of tiny purple and yellow flowers, and Olga just made us feel so comfortable and smiley.  I absolutely adore these photos, and can't believe I thought I wouldn't want a maternity session!  

 I debated what to wear before going with this bohemian scarf dress I found for $5 at Goodwill.  It's so flowy and expands with my belly!  Love the colors with the field background.


 Keep in mind that I was only about 7ish months along at this point; the belly is even bigger now.
How amazing is this lighting?


 I hope the churro gets his dad's eyes and mouth.  And ability to grow facial hair.



You can see more of Olga's work at her blog, including the zombie engagement session she did for my sister-in-law.  She has such a great sense of humor and can seriously work with anything.  Browse through; it's fun!  And thanks for sharing in the churro's first photoshoot.  He's bound to be a cutie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment