Thursday, August 8, 2013

August's Nursery

 You know, August's room is probably my favorite in the whole house.  The color is a medium gray (Benjamin Moore's 'Ozark Shadows') that pops with white and yellow accents.  Although these photos come across a little dark, the one window in the nursery lets in plenty of light during the day.  There is a lovely pink crape myrtle right outside, and we have a great view of the rest of our cul-de-sac.
We didn't hang too much art on the walls because we didn't give ourselves time to get it together, but I actually like that it's not cluttered.  When August starts playing with toys and sleeping in here (he's currently in a bassinet at the foot of our bed), there will be enough clutter on the floor!

This is the view from the door: gray/white chevron curtains from PB Kids, kitchen island/changing table from Crate & Barrel, and, of course, a Diaper Genie.


I love that our rocking chair and dresser have connections to both my and JP's childhood.  I've already gone on about the chair here, and the dresser was in JP's nursery!  I did spray paint the knobs yellow to give a bit of contrast.
BTW, that floor pouf is from Target, and its thick knit is so comfy rest my feet on during August's night feedings.

 My almost-cousin Laura made the cute clothespin wall art for my baby shower (so adorable!), and the colors couldn't be more perfect for the room.  The art below is of St. Augustine, and was a gift from my mom.  How perfect that it greets you as you walk in the room!

 JP's childhood teddy bear is in the middle; he insists that August will love it as much as he did.  So far, they're about the same size.

 There is a full bathroom attached to the nursery, which will make bathtime so much easier when August grows up.  (Right now, he gets baths in an infant bath in the kitchen sink.)

 There's no closet in the bathroom to store his toiletries, so I picked up this little kitchen rack from IKEA over the summer.  I love this pop of turquoise, plus has plenty of room for bath toys (eventually), baby towels, and shampoo!

 This changing station is absolutely perfect.  There are literally hundreds of diapers and wipes in the drawers and behind the cabinet doors, so they're hidden but easily accessible.  It's also the perfect height, and we just purchased a changing pad to screw into the top.  The panda painting was done by Patricia/Abuela, and August loves looking at its contrasting colors during his diaper changes.

Although August isn't sleeping in his crib yet, it's all ready for his naps when we start getting him on a schedule next week.

How adorable is this little mobile Patricia picked up for August's room?  I love these knitted sheep, and the colors are so fun!  I think my favorite is the fuzzy blue sheep.

And, of course, here's another shot of August's library.

All in all, this room has come together beautifully.  It's exactly what I wanted: a few colors (gray, yellow, white, black) with lots of textures and patterns (knitted, chevron, stripes, tribal).  The space will (hopefully) grow with August, and will be easy to switch up with future babies (!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment