Friday, May 21, 2010

Brown & Black, Living in Harmony

Outfit:
Urban Outfitters dress
Anthropologie belt
Piperlime sandals (Michael Antonio)
H&M earrings

I know it's a big fashion no-no to pair brown and black, but rules are meant to be broken. Lately, I'm loving the medium brown and black combination; maybe because it's not used often, it looks fresh. I had a light lunch with a wonderful friend, and used the opportunity to change up the usual jeans and a t-shirt uniform I don for our meetings. This dress is several years old, but is light and looks great with a belt to spice things up. The belt was a sale find, and I've worn it with everything from cinching baggy sweaters to dressing up casual frocks (like this one) to accessorizing for holidays (it was a hit for Easter). Mia joined in the modeling. She really does have the face for it.


3 comments:

  1. Simply lovely. It should be noted that you've already surpassed the amount of blog posts I had in my first year. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pics, you! love the toe shot :) (love, haley)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Paul refuses to be amused by my toe dance, so I'm glad my toes are still getting some love, Haley!

    ReplyDelete