Tuesday, June 19, 2012

S'mores Bars

My work life has been hum-drum as of late.  Oh, don't worry, it's nothing drastic, just that a neighboring graduate assistant has recently switched buildings, and she brought a lot of delicious food.  I guess as a law student, she baked to fill the void that torts and will-writing just couldn't.  The people on my floor really raked in the sugary goodness, with our mornings of chocolate chip cookies and even wild rice chicken salad.  A few weeks ago, she brought in some s'mores bars and, after one bite, I practically groveled at her feet for the recipe.  Lo and behold, before she peaced out, she wrote up the how-to (on her own recipe index card!) and bequeathed it to me. 
It's a decadent, summery dessert: sugar cookie ingredients mixed with graham cracker crumbs, gloriously sweet Hershey's bars, and gooey marshmallows.  I've made these the last two weekends, and they go like hot cakes at barbecues and taco nights! 

In lieu of a handwritten index card, I'm just going to link you to the same recipe online.  Not quite as charming, but a bit more practical in terms of blogging purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment