Tuesday, April 29, 2014

10 Months (in List Form)

Somehow ten months have passed since August came into our lives, and the old cliche is true: the days are long, but the months are short.  It's kind of hard for me to remember what life was like before JP and I were parents; surely we had conversations that didn't involve poop, nap length, and babysitters, but I can't imagine they were interesting.

August's loves: hanging light fixtures and ceiling fans, baths (most of the time), pulling himself to stand against anything (walls, toilets, other moms in story time), books (!!), crawling really fast and everywhere, playgrounds, pretty much any food.

August's dislikes: naps, diaper and outfit changes, staying still.

Eating: breastfeeding is still going strong, though down to 3-4 'meals' a day.  Enjoys most of his meals, and he will try any food put in front of him.  Favorite snack by far is yogurt, and he likes getting a whole plum in his hand and just munching half of it.

Sleeping: naps are still a disaster and August and I both cried him to sleep for his afternoon nap a few days ago.  The upside is that the nighttime sleep has evened out and I feel confident calling him a good night sleeper.  He generally sleeps 8-6:30!

I wish I could fully convey how incredible it is to watch him develop into his own person: the cute way he squints his eyes while eating something tasty, his amazement when he looks up and sees a fan at his music class, his smile when JP or I walk into his room in the morning.  He's only my baby for two more months- time flies!

2 comments:

  1. How well I remember saying that same thing -- What did we talk about before LD came into our lives? They do make the whole world new again. And he'll always be your baby -- you just won't call him that when he's 54 years old!!! Maybe you'll call him "Sonny Boy"! Love those sweet giggles! What a precious boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this update and hearing his giggles. I can't wait to see him in person soon!

    ReplyDelete