Monday, April 14, 2014

Well, hey there!


I know it's been a while- almost two months since my last post.  There are a lot of reasons for that: August has become mobile and thus more hands-on, the grind of updating this is daunting at the end of a very long day, my little sister had a wonderful wedding (!!!), I got a nasty cold, blah blah blah.  The nice thing, though, is that I've had a (very) few people asking when I would start up again, meaning some people read these musings after all!  It warms my little southern heart.
So here we are, on the verge of springtime, and it seems like there is so much new to discuss.  Like, suddenly my little man is able to crawl, pull himself to standing with the help of our furniture, and babbling like it's his job.  And my best friend has become a wife, and I have added a brother-in-law to my list of people whose birthdays I should remember.  And my hair is blonde and there are thick, black glasses atop my nose.  And the stack of books on my bedside table is finally whittling down, so I have literary-ish things to say again.
August posts will be longer, and mama-centric posts will be more frequent.  Recipe posts will be markedly shorter.  I think we'll make it work.

4 comments:

  1. YAYYYY! You're back! I've been checking every day, but didn't want to pester you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haley, will you ever make a guest appearance again? I have missed you too! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I am glad I pestered you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me among those who missed you soooooo much! When LD told me last night that you'd resumed posting, it was like a gift!! No matter how few you manage, I'll ALWAYS be glad to read and see your musings, pictures, recipes -- well, whatever you want to share. Love you.

    ReplyDelete