Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Very, very, very green smoothie

You might have heard my love of smoothies.  Generally I stick with fruit, and that does it for me.
Lately, though, I've been feeling as though I want more from my blended beverages.  Summer mentioned that adding a handful of spinach to any fruit smoothie will not alter the taste at all (thanks for the tip!), but I want more than just one handful of spinach.  Lucky for me, Sugar and Charm recently posted a delicious lime-flavored veggie smoothie, and it is seriously tasty!  Do not try unless you are a lime fan, and BLEND the ingredients.  It's great, but only if you get the texture right.  I blended this for about 1 1/2 or 2 minutes straight, which was needed.  With two pieces of toast, this green smoothie kept me full for 5 hours, which is no small feat.
Don't let the crazy color fool you; you should give this a shot!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know about this one. It looks sooooo green!! (Now I sound like Paul!!!) But I did make Haley's steak and potato salad after I saw your blog about it and it turned out wonderfully. G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! It's a Kermit smoothie! Seriously, I'm intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really lime-y and delicious, but the color can definitely be off-putting. Try when you're feeling especially adventurous!

    ReplyDelete