Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars

Oh, goodness.  Making these bars was a huge mistake.  I baked them Monday night and somehow, half the pan is already gone.  Could it be a cookie monster?  Did Mia jump up onto the counter and finish some off while we toiled away at work?  Is John Paul sleep eating?
Okay, well, to be fair, I brought in some to the office for my co-workers.  They were snatched up like...well, like delicious blondies.  But they're so good, I can't keep my hands off of them, either!  My version is extra thick, as I don't have the 10x10 inch pan the recipe calls for and instead used an 8x8 inch.  If that's your problem, too, add about 5-10 minutes on to the cooking time, and tent with aluminum about halfway through (it'll cook in the middle without burning).
As long as you don't have a diet to stick to, definitely try these fall treats.  Your co-workers and fiancee will love you more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment