Friday, September 21, 2012

My Life This Week

 JP and Mia were my dates to Anthropologie last week; look how patiently they wait while I check out.  So sweet!

Last night's dinner: sweet potato risotto and white wine with ice.  Class all the way.
One of my favorite West End restaurants is Ris, which specializes in farm-to-table American staples.  They send out monthly e-mails about events (August was everything Julia Child, as Ris trained with Julia), and the last note on each letter is a brief paragraph about what's in season.  For those interested in September produce...

Tomatoes, eggplant, green beans, corn, melons, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers and raspberries are all on their way out. Peaches are gone :(, but apples and pears are here! Greens are moving back in - kale, spinach, Swiss chard, collard greens, lettuces along with garlic, fennel, carrots, beets, broccoli, cauliflower, winter squash, sweet potatoes, leeks and celery.


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I envy your shopping trip to Anthropologie. Love that store. If ONLY they'd come to Wilmington!!! I'd be there every week. XXXX -- G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing -- I, too, like ice in my white wine -- and it took me all these years to finally admit that I like it that way!! Glad you're with me on that. I think it shows we're both confident women!!! XXX - G'ma

    ReplyDelete