Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Grilled Eggplant with Quinoa

I'll tell you a little story about this recipe.

Remember last year when I was totally gaga for eggplant?  Well, it's totally the right season for the vegetable, and I found the Sprouted Kitchen's delicious-sounding recipe for grilled eggplant with herbed quinoa last week.  I bought lots of eggplant, some quinoa, and set out to make the meal.

A few adjustments had to be made: I don't have a grill so just used a cast iron skillet, and used smoked paprika instead of qa'tar (mostly because I've never heard of that spice and, unfortunately, don't have it in my pantry).

I spent an hour and a half prepping the eggplant, making the quinoa, putting everything together, only to find out that...I don't like eggplant anymore.  What happened in one year?  I'm pretty sure I prepared everything properly, and yet I seriously did not want any of it in my mouth.
The quinoa, however, is delicious.  I highly, highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. I have made Summer Soup with Squash and Quinoa twice within the past few weeks - love quinoa (but not eggplant).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate eggplant too. It's really unfortunate because there are so many great recipes, Romanian ones in particular, involving eggplant. The quinoa looks yummy though!

    -Katrina

    ReplyDelete