'Tis the season for cocktail parties! Well, parties, anyways. JP, August, and I had our neighborhood's Secret Santa party this weekend, and all parents (the secret santa was for the kids) were instructed to bring a 'plate to pass.' What a wonderful excuse to make this recipe from Joy the Baker. It's a baby-in-one-hand friendly version of baked brie, complete with jam and tender puff pastry. It's easy to boot! If you have a party coming up, or are hosting some friends in front of the fireplace, give this a shot.
Did I mention that there's melty brie? Sign me up.
Brie and Jam 'Ravioli' from Joy the Baker
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed but still cold
1/2 wedge of brie, about 4 oz, cold
1/3 c. strawberry jam (choose your own flavor!)
1 large egg, beaten
splash of water
1. Preheat oven to 375. Prep baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
2. Roll out puff pastry sheets, and cut each sheet into 16 squares. Try to make them as even as possible!
3. Beat egg and small bit of (1 Tbsp.) water together to make an egg wash. Brush 16 of the pastry squares with egg wash.
4. Place small chunk of brie, about the size of a thumb knuckle, on each pastry square. Dollop a bit of jam on cheese, then place a puff pastry square on top. Use your fingers or a fork to seal both squares of pastry together, and brush egg wash on top.
5. Place pastry 'ravioli' on prepared sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven, cool slightly, and enjoy!