Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Buttermilk Bourbon Ice Cream


I recently had some leftover buttermilk from a waffle recipe and, honestly, there aren't a ton of healthy things to do with it.  My favorite buttermilk recipes are to be paired with maple syrup (waffles or pancakes) or cheese (biscuits).  Now, I have one more option for leftovers: ice cream.  Last week I made this buttermilk and bourbon ice cream recipe, topping the final product with honey and almond biscotti.  Oh man...talk about decadent and perfect for summer.  This ice cream has more of a soft serve texture with a tart aftertaste; the bourbon does not hurt either characteristic.  I would love to try it topped with grilled peaches or roasted strawberries- guess I'll have to pick up some more buttermilk.

2 comments:

  1. I guess many things are better made with buttermilk -- but ice cream??? I'll take your word for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds crazy, but I promise it works! Instead of being super sweet, the ice cream is tart- perfect for summer berries or honey.

      Delete