Monday, July 25, 2011

Pesto Pasta Salad

Oh, lovely, lovely carbs and vegetables.  Is there a better combination?
Remember back toward the beginning of this whole blog thing, I mentioned getting cravings for Katie Lee's pesto pasta salad?  You may not, and I won't hold it against you.  The thing is this: during the summer, I don't want to hang out over the stove all evening to make a meal; I want a recipe that will make several servings for leftovers the next day, and maybe dinner the following night.  And, it would be nice if it can be served either hot or cold, and moderately healthy.
I am happy to say that this salad is all of those things!  The homemade pesto includes spinach, for some extra nutrients, and you can use fresh or frozen veggies to add to the whole wheat pasta.  Top with some Parmesan cheese, and you're good to go for a couple days' worth of meals!


No comments:

Post a Comment