Monday, July 18, 2011

Spiced Banana Bread (with chocolate!)

Ah, summertime.  When my thoughts turn to bananas and baked goods.  Remember in the past when I made these and this?  Well, here's something else: spiced banana bread with chocolate chips.
John Paul was out of town on business stuff last week, and I wanted to welcome him home on Tuesday with a baked good.  We had some extra bananas from my smoothies that were getting spotty, and I ran across Smitten Kitchen's recipe for banana bread just in the nick of time.  I was intrigued by the spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves), and loved that it only required one bowl to mix everything in!  I did add about 1 c. chocolate chips because I like my banana bread to be dessert-like, but kept everything else true to her vision.
John Paul was happy.  I was happy.  The house smelled good.  All in all, this recipe is a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment