Thursday, September 22, 2011

Newsies

 Scarf and cardigan: Gap
Belt: H&M
Pants: Anthropologie
Oxfords: Aldo
These pants do strange things to me; they are the most unflattering things I own.  They're all the things short people should stay away from: cuffed, flood-length, pleated.  Yet it never fails that I get compliments every time I put them on!
 John Paul doesn't quite understand this phenomenon, but I know that it's a girl thing.  We understand that the best pieces of clothing doesn't always make the most sense.  We know that if pants are comfortable, if they fit with a certain aesthetic, if they're $20 at Anthropologie, we have to buy them. 
Wearing these pants is basically saying, "I don't have to wear a skirt and super-high heels to be feminine."  Wasn't it Marilyn Monroe who said, "Your clothes should be tight enough to show you're a woman, but loose enough to show you're a lady"?  I'll take my fashion cues from her every once in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment