Friday, August 3, 2012

What You May Not Know About Abbi

Hello!  Now, most of you know all about how cute and smart and funny Abbi is, because she proves it all the time in her blog posts.  What you may not know, however, are the silly, funny little things that make me miss her so much. 

She used to wear John Paul's ski goggles so that she wouldn't tear up while cutting onions.  I always heard that you should chew gum while cutting onions, but obviously ski goggles are a much more effective method.

This is how she looks on her reader's card for the Library of Congress. (This was during a trip when I had first started dating Matt, and she sent him a message telling him that he had won a toaster and luggage set for dating me for two months. Ha ha, Abbi.)

When I used to go to school in Jacksonville, and she was in St. Augustine, I spent almost every weekend at her place.  I really did not enjoy my first two years of college, and Abbi would always invite me down to stay with her, luring me with promises of Magic Shell and arts and crafts.  We also watched fun movies like "Princess Bride" all the time.

She is straight-up gangster, yo!

She makes a really great tri-pod.  She is very strong and balanced, and is handy for putting your camera on to take pictures at night.   

Well, you all know that she is a fabulous cook!  She always cooked for me when I visited in St. Augustine, and sometimes I think I get the most nostalgic for those moments when we were sitting in the kitchen together, chatting and gossiping about our days while we chopped vegetables or boiled pasta.  We definitely took for granted all of these little evenings together; what I wouldn't give to be able to stop by and see Abbi at any time! 

2 comments:

  1. You are a cutie patootie, and I miss you all the time, too, Haley Face! We did have fun cooking in Saint Aug, didn't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way - what I wouldn't give to pop in to see either one of you (boo-hoo)

    ReplyDelete