Friday, April 12, 2013

Haley's Week in Photos

Last weekend was pretty exciting!  My very very good friend, Cari, whom I met while we were studying in Ireland, came to visit for the day!  We haven't seen each other in 4 years (since we left Ireland!), and it was so refreshing to see her again; we reminisced, I showed her around Jupiter, and we had lunch at Guanabana, even though the weather was pretty wretched.  She has now officially joined the Air Force as a flight nurse, so I was really happy to be able to see her before she starts traveling all over the world, saving lives!

Matt and his brother and friends are starting a company, Local Behavior, and they just got their first order of shirts in.  We went down to the river to do a photo shoot, in beautiful weather, and the photos turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!  So proud of Matt!

Here is part of something that I made, Apple Sharlotka, that I forgot to take finished pictures of, because I was so excited to just EAT it!  You basically fill a springform pan with apple chunks, then pour a batter over it to fill in the cracks and bake it!  It's delicious, and I'll have to make it again, so I can post the recipe. Darn.

No really, I love this thing.  

My breakfast spot this morning--I really can't complain.  

Layla very sweetly supervised me eating breakfast, to be sure that I did not drop some poached egg or toast.  She is so helpful.

How adorable are these napkins that Mommi made Matt and I for part of my birthday present!  Each one is different, and they match our place mats so perfectly!  Thanks, Mommi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment