Tuesday, July 20, 2010

North Carolina on My Mind

Few places relax me like Grandma's house in North Carolina. (However, the above picture is taken at a beach rental on Figure Eight Island, NC, a short drive from the aforementioned locale!) Her house is airy and light, with great vintage and antique accents, and is situated on the intercoastal, so there's always a lovely breeze. If I had my druthers, we'd spend weeks at a time on the deck, with her delicious orange yogurt for every meal. Alas, real life calls us back to DC.
In the times between visits, I can relive the moments by looking at these cute photos of our recent (quick quick!) visit.An elusive, halfway decent photo of Daddy with one of his daughters.
John Paul got really contemplative on the dinner mint chairs on the beach house deck.
We took a really fast boat ride. Luckily, Grandma's hat stayed on!
A fantastic storm rolling in over the ocean on Saturday night. I miss epic thunderstorms like this one.
My absolutely cute as a button Grandma In North Carolina and Daddy Man.
Grandma gave me this adorable umbrella as an early birthday present; now I just need a rainy day to show it off!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place to get away from it all, especially with storm clouds like that! Love the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great having you and JP with us even for the very short visit. Glad you got back safe and sound. Know Mia was happy to see you!!! We're still just hanging in -- shopping today for our turn cooking tomorrow. Come back soon. Love - Grandma

    ReplyDelete