Friday, July 9, 2010

White, white and white...

Top: Gap
Jeans: 7 for All Mankind
Wedges: Mia
Belt: Gap
Earrings: April Daze (gift from Haley!)
Ring: Dominican Republic

Last Sunday was my first Independence Day in our nation's capitol! The whole day I watched a mass migration of people to the National Mall, where the fireworks go off and a concert with Reba McEntyre, Darius Rucker and Gladys Knight performed. It was sweltering outside, though, and you could not have paid me to sit outside in the sun for twelve hours claiming a 4x4 square to lay on.
Lucky for me, I didn't have to travel far to see the fireworks this year. A friend invited me to her friend's apartment for the festivities, which just happened to be five floors above mine in a penhthouse with wraparound views of the city. She truly had to twist my arm to get there, but I finally relented. Who am I to argue with 180 degree views of the center of the city?
Even though dress was casual, I still wanted to look put together and crisp. This top is perfectly lightweight, and I love the cool white with the warm brown. The earrings and ring add little pops of color to round things out. I hadn't tried the white on white combo before (not brave or crazy enough, I suppose, with a black dog who sheds like a banshee), but how great does it look for the summer? Let this be a lesson to us all; don't be afraid to go monochromatic!
P.S. A happy birthday to Grandma in North Carolina! You're just an amazing woman, and I'm so very glad you were born. Hope to see you in Wilmington soon! xo

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for remembering my birthday today!!! And you'll be pleased to know you're the first one to send greetings on the very day. You're always the first thing I check out on the computer and I was thrilled to see your little P.S. this morning. Love you! And love the all-in-white look, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this outfit! You are always classy yet unexpected. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look ccol as a cucumber! By the way, when are you going to blog JP's recipe for his balsalmic vinegar chicken? I have been grilling out a lot this summer and would like to try this out via the barbie! No vegan meals for me, I am a carnivore.
    aunt nesi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute outfit! i had to comment because my first 4th of july in dc was amazing! there really is no better place to be. dc is a great town!

    ReplyDelete