Monday, December 13, 2010

10K! 6.2 miles! 10000 meters! A lot of steps!

I did my first 10K yesterday!  It was a cold and wet morning, the race started at 7:30, and it allowed me to eat everything in sight the rest of the day.  All in all, I was incredibly happy and proud that I finished, not with a bad time either.  John Paul denied my requests for him to rip my legs off because they hurt so badly...I've decided to forgive him and love him anyway. 
My good friend, Christina, suggested we run  the Jingle All the Way 10K (http://www.runwashington.com/jingle-info.htm) as a way of motivating us out of the apartment when it's cold out.  We've been getting together to run a couple mornings a week, and done a couple of long runs on Sunday mornings.  The run isn't for a particular cause or charity, purely a fun run.  People were dressed as Santa, elves, reindeer, even a snowman!  A great time was had by all.
When all was said and done, John Paul drove me home and I sat right inside of the fireplace to warm up.  Winter is rough.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a great achievement!! You're carrying on the tradition of Shelton runners. You know Pops was the big, big, big marathon runner back in the day. I know he'll be so proud of you for getting out there and finishing the race. Good for you. And soooo glad you're back on line. I missed you!

    ReplyDelete