Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas Break!

Scarf: Handmade by my wonderful sister for Christmas a few years ago!
Sweater and coat: J. Crew
Skirt: F21
Socks: Madewell
Oxfords: Aldo
Pins: Vintage and Gap
Christmas, Christmas time is here
Time for joy and time for cheer!

This years' is a bit untraditional for me; for the first time, I'm going to wake up next to John Paul on Christmas day!  I haven't spent a Christmas away from Haley before, so it's somewhat bittersweet, but my feelings about holidays are evolving a bit.  Now I think of anytime I get to spend with my wonderful, wildly loved family as a holiday, so there's less emphasis on specific calendar days.

Anyway, on to the outfit. Last Saturday I ran to the USPS to mail some gifts last minute (as per usual), but any trip to Georgetown can count as a time to dress up a bit. These socks are supercomfy (with some wool in them, to add warmth), the skirt adds some flair to the neutrals, and I will use any excuse to wear my favorite scarf from Haley! In all, I was the perfect temperature: not boiling hot under the layers, not freezing with my knees showing.  
I'll be taking tomorrow off, mainly so I can focus totally on Christmas Eve with the Diegos, but also to stuff my face with jamon serrano.  I hope you're all having a magnificent, cozy holiday!
Next week, because I know you're all dying to know, I'll be posting my favorite random things for 2010, and taking suggestions for what to check out in 2011.  It'll be fun...!

1 comment:

  1. You look very festive! And you sound very mature when it comes to your new holiday mantra - I am feeling the same way. Every day is a holiday when I get to see my girls! (xo Mommi)

    ReplyDelete