Monday, December 20, 2010

Baked Pasta with Winter Squash Puree

Mmmm...can you tell I love the squash and pasta combination?  First the Spaghetti (Squash) Pasta, now this.  This is a particularly great meal for the winter because it makes a lot of food, and reheats beautifully.

When butternut squash is pureed, it has a silky texture, and it's the perfect foil for subtly crunchy breadcrumbs and salty fusilli. There are also caramelized onions, which is my weakness. I couldn't find winter squash puree at my grocery store, so I made my own. Just peel a medium butternut squash, cube it, then steam it until it's soft, about 20 minutes. Put into a bowl and blend it with a hand blender, or toss it into a standard blender. Find the recipe at Everyday Food.

I served this as a meal in and of itself, but think it would be great with some green beans or asparagus and some hearty protein. You really can't serve it the wrong way!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment