Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Homemade Thin Mints

 
Is there anyone out there who doesn't like Thin Mints?  Let's save ourselves some time and not pursue this friendship.  If you do like Thin Mints, please read on.
These cookies are the most wonderful marriage of two delicious flavors: chocolate and peppermint.  Even better, they freeze well, so you can buy lots of boxes from Girl Scouts, and just eat the cookies for months!  Not that I would ever do that. 
However, have you  noticed the Girl Scout cookies are getting more and more expensive?  I decided to try my hand at making them myself, and save a few dollars in the long run.  I found this recipe on Baking Bites, and rolled up  my sleeves for the task.  The only change I would recommend it using twice the chocolate coating recommended; it's just too difficult to evenly coat the cookies without using more melted chocolate.  I doubled the amount, and it came out nearly perfectly.  This made about 60 cookies, so I gave half away and stored the other half in the freezer for later consumption.  They're really tasty!  Just be sure to give yourself plenty of time for the dough to freeze and then coat with chocolate; it took me a while.  Enjoy!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment