Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thyme Pancakes

Brinner.  Breakfast+dinner.  It's the best invention in food history.
Who doesn't love pancakes, bacon and hash browns?  Every Sunday should involve breakfast ALL DAY LONG.
This Sunday, I tried out a recipe for Ricotta Infused Pancakes from Paula Deen.  Usually, I just throw some flour, sugar and butter together and call it a day, but this recipe is much tastier and savory.  Oh man, this is absolutely amazing.  They're light (from whipped egg whites), aromatic with fresh thyme, and mildly sweet with blueberries.  I didn't make the thyme-infused syrup, just topped it with plain ol' maple, and added some fresh blueberries to the batter.  It was a perfect match for the homemade hash browns JP made.  I just had a great weekend.  I almost didn't even want the week to start up!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment