Thursday, March 17, 2011

4-Layer Devil's Food Cake with Chocolate Mousse Buttercreammmmm

 
Oh lordy, I was ecstatic to break out a tasty dessert for a small dinner party JP and I hosted on Saturday night.  This cake is from the Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey cookbook Haley gave me over Christmas, and it was a real showstopper!  Please picture this: velvety, decadent, smooth mousse-like frosting sandwiching fluffy, rich layers of devil's food cake.  Now imagine that in your mouth and tummy!  Oh my gosh, this is soooo amazingly delicious.
A couple of tips for making this dessert: be sure to cool the cakes so they come out of the pans easily, slice through each layer carefully for stress-free assembly, and beat the buttercream senseless.  It took a long time for the frosting to come together, so just keep at it until everything comes together.  It'll happen, I promise.
Can I please say that I'm just impressed with myself for putting this together?  So often my desserts for company end up looking disastrous, or being underwhelming, but this was great!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment