Friday, December 14, 2012

Haley's Life in Pictures



This is what I wore for our office Christmas party last Friday.  The dress has a fun swingy skirt, with fuschia lining in the top and a keyhole opening in the back.  Everyone should get ready to see a lot of this dress, because it's going to be my holiday dress!

I made us stockings!  Matt requested the pom pom accent for his stocking, and mine has a red and gold trim.  I'd do a tutorial for you, but it's a miracle that they turned out this nicely because I just winged it (wung it?).  I have no idea how that happened...
I've been practicing my handwriting; in this sample, I was listing all of the character names from The Office.  Why am I practicing, you ask?  Because when I tried to mail something to "Hopkins Street", the guy at UPS thought it said "Dolphin Street".  Better safe than sorry.

Downton Abbey, Season 3 premieres on January 6th!  Poor Matt suffered through a 2-hour special on PBS about the show, and it got me all fired up!  Are there any shows that you are looking forward to?
This girl was so hungry after her walk, she did not have time for us to take off her jacket before dinner.  That's a Martha Stewart jacket, and she loves it!  

Matt and I ate ourselves into food comas at the Melting Pot on Wednesday night.  We had Bourbon Wildberry Brambles to start, then fiesta cheese fondue, and ended with s'mores chocolate fondue!  Thursday night's dinner was much more healthy and sensible.

3 comments:

  1. YES -- I'm anxiously awaiting the return of Downton Abbey and Mad Men. I cannot believe that Mad Men was shut out of the Golden Globes! Even though it's been around for a while, it's the best thing on TV. P.S. Your Holiday Dress looks sooooo like you! Love it.
    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more comment: You listing those character names to practice your handwriting -- I can sooo relate! When I can't fall asleep at night, I think of all the character names on Mad Men -- or all the quarterbacks in the NFL! And it helps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress! And although I don't watch TV too much (okay not at all) I did put season one of "Midwives" on hold at Urbana Free. Saw one episode while Brent was gone and LOVED it. (mommi)

    ReplyDelete