Friday, January 21, 2011

New favorite house things!

Our new home is slowly, but surely, coming together!  John Paul and I have been living together for three and a half years, and already have a lot of stuff we love.  This time around, we're taking our time and getting pieces we love and will stand the test of time.
Since we moved in, we've received some lovely gifts and filled in space with stuff we've owned for a while.  Want to see some of my favorites?
Cute umbrella stand from Mom for Christmas.  It's in the foyer, and perfectly adorable!

 The bookshelves above the TV in the living room are now totally full of colorful books, and stacks of old magazines fill in the awkwardly sized shelves on the bottom.  The look has come together well!
Cute and practical magnetic frame for putting recipes and note up on in the kitchen.  Thanks, Karen!  Right now it has our meals for the week so we don't forget what we bought all the groceries for.
Lovely desk from Patricia!  It really pulls the room together, doesn't it?
I love my new little shabby chic vignette on the window sill.  That's a copy of Shakespeare on top of a dictionary from the 50s.  The phone is a gift, too!  Great taste, Grandma.
Here's the little piggy bank from Summer's birthday; I painted it myself!  Haley sent the handmade postcard to cheer me up, and I smile every time I look at it.  The framed print is from a date JP and I went on our first summer together, and the candle snuffer is from my mom.
My favorite thing about our home is that so many pieces remind me of people I love.  It's wonderful to be surrounded by sweet memories!

4 comments:

  1. If I ever come to your house, you better hide that owl. Because he should totally come live with me, and I will kidnap him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I love that little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks cute and homey - can't wait to see it for myself next month!
    aunt nesi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to show it off to you next month, Aunt Nesi. We'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete