Thursday, January 13, 2011

Giant Chocolate Sugar Cookies

 
 I haven't done my baking as of late; something about the winter is bringing out my inner lazy teenager who eats cereal for dinner.
Hey, we can't be perfect all the time.
I finally bought some butter this weekend, and thought I would ease myself back into the cookie scene.  What do we all want out of a cookie?
Chocolate? Yes.
Sugar? Yes.
Giantness? Definitely.
This cookie recipe by Martha Stewart (from her Cookies cookbook, or website) didn't even stand a chance.  Go ahead and try it with the melted shortening; it really does create a smooth, perfectly textured treat.  The edges will get a bit crispy, but the center will be moist and chewy.  The recipe really only makes 12 cookies, so double it if you want more.  Great for getting you out of the winter rut, and pairs nicely with an extra cold glass of milk!
 
 

1 comment: