Monday, January 3, 2011

Yes yes yes!!

Happy 2011!
The best thing to happen last year (oh so very long ago) actually occurred in the last few hours of it.  John Paul and I went to Saint Augustine to have an early celebration of our five year relationship and ring in 2011.  For anyone who doesn't know, we met at Flagler College in freshman math; I would "forget" my book and ask to look on with him.  For obvious reasons, it holds a very special place in our hearts.
We didn't have any solid plans for the evening, so John Paul suggested walking to the fort (a St. Aug landmark).  I was just enjoying the night and thought we would stroll around, then head to a late-night dinner, and was very inappropriately prepared when he asked me to marry him on the wall of the fort!
After buckets full of happy tears and a few, "Are you serious?!"s, I said yes and gave him a big ol' smooch.
I can't believe I get to marry this wonderful man who can still surprise me after five years!  We're superpsyched, and just feel incredibly lucky.
Check out the bling.  He picked it out and hid it in his luggage for a week!
I should mention that on long car rides (which is how we spent Saturday, Saint Aug to DC), I eschew makeup.  Apologies for the bare face in the next photo.
This girl cannot stop smiling.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful even sans make-up! The ring as well! Welcome to the family, Abbi!!!!


    Do you know how I found out? My mother saying "I didn't tell you????" Sigh.


    --Ana Diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Abbi!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warm wishes! I'm pretty happy for myself. A happy 2011 for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! congrats! i said "are you serious?!" too. like 5 times! so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dangit Abbi, you made me cry AGAIN!
    aunt nesi

    PS> Yes, the chili was delicious and a fun evening was had by all as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Tennessee crew is sure happy for you both! Welcome to the family John Paul. Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete