Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Flank Steak with Lime Marinade

It's not often I get a crazy craving for steak, but, when it happens, I get it bad.  For the most recent case of steak fever, I broke open my trusty Everyday Food: Great Food Fast for a summer marinade.  Is there anything more summery than limes?  It's refreshing, tart, and a great foil for tasty red meat. 
I'll be honest: true to my "no cooking meat" form, JP actually cooked the steak while I steamed the green beans.  We poured the juice from the steak on top of the veggies; yum!

Flank Steak with Lime Marinade (Everyday Food: Great Food Fast, 2007)
1/3 c. fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/3 c.)
2 Tbsp. minced peeled fresh ginger
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
1 1/2 lbs. flank steak
Coarse salt and black pepper
1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the first 5 ingredients.  Add the steak and seal the bag (place it in a dish to prevent any leaks); marinate the steak in the fridge, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes.
2. Heat grill to high; lightly oil the grates.  Remove the steak from the marinade letting excess drip off; season with salt and pepper.  Place on grill and cook; turning once, until the meat has reached desired doneness.  Let steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment