Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oven Pancakes


Ok, guys.  I didn't take pictures of the process for this recipe, and I can tell you why: it goes by so fast that I don't ever even think to take pictures.  There is no sitting around and waiting for the next step.  There is no down time.  There is no work.  I'm serious, you don't even have to stir things.  

Our mom has been making us oven pancakes since I can remember. They are light, fluffy, and only slightly sweetened with melted butter and confectioner's sugar.  The only catch is that you need a skillet that can go right into the oven, which is why I never made these for Matt until Abbi bought me a cast iron skillet for Christmas.  Score!  Now, I make an oven pancake on Sunday mornings, and Matt inhales it.  Guess he must like it!

Ingredients: 
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. milk
3 eggs
1 tsp. Salt
5 tbs. Butter

First, heat the oven to 400 degrees and put the pan in the oven, with nothing in it.  Combine the flour, milk, and eggs in a blender.  Really blend and blend and blend until the mixture is foamy.  
Take the pan out of the oven, and put three tablespoons of the butter in the pan to melt.  
Once it's melted, pour in the mixture from the blender, and put it back in the oven for about 23 minutes.  It will get really fluffy and puff up and be the most beautiful thing you have ever seen.  
Once you take it out of the oven, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the microwave, pour it over the whole dang thing, and then dust it with powdered sugar.  

Sometimes, I put sliced bananas on it.  You should, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment