Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ruffly dots

Blouse: Catherine Malandrino
Skirt: F21
Clutch: Vintage
Heels: Nine West
I moved to DC and knew a very small handful of people: John Paul, his sister, and my best friend Jessilyn.  After a bit more than two years, I've met such amazing people and have great friends surrounding me; I'm so lucky! 
Two of our friends will be getting married soon, and we went to a brunch at Blue Duck Tavern on Saturday to celebrate their union. So, I get to be lucky for another reason, and it involves getting to eat completely decadent and delicious food for almost four hours with some of the most beloved people in my city. We chowed down on baked cherry-stuffed pancakes, rockfish dip and croissants, and homemade peach ice cream, oh my!
 

It was great to have an excuse to wear this outfit, which is absolutely one of my favorites. The top is superformal without being stuffy, and the clutch is incredibly soft black velvet with a gold chain. It's great to show off the legs while it's still warm enough to do so!
 


2 comments:

  1. Adorable (yet, sophisticated) - where did you get the malandrino shirt - SO cute! And I feel the same way about Urbana - only knew Brent when I got here - but really I've met the nicest people and have made some great friends. Sometimes you just have to give a place a chance and be willing to "put yourself out there". I'm proud of you for doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirt is a Mustard Seed find- gotta love great consignment stores- and I'm in love with it too!

    ReplyDelete