Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bacon and Chocolate

I know Wednesday is typically book review day, but this will be much tastier.
There's a new candy bar in Georgetown (called, um, The Georgetown Candy Bar) that had its grand opening on the same day of the Georgetown Public Library Reopening.  Naturally, I dragged my man in for a few free samples and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this.
Who doesn't love bacon?  Who doesn't love chocolate?  I was intrigued by the combination, and insisted on buying the deep milk chocolate (with 40ish% cocoa) to try out that evening.
Y'all, this chocolate bar is the to die for.  The sweet, smooth chocolate is a perfect foil for the smoky, smoky bacon bits that float around in the middle.  I'm not the only one who thinks so; the company we had over that evening also agreed that it's scrumptious. 
So, if you're wondering what would possess someone to mix these two flavors, it's as simple as breakfast.  The girl who came up with the idea remembered loving chocolate chip pancakes with bacon on the side; naturally, the two tasted wonderful together, and thus a classic was born.
For a chocolate bar, the price may seem a bit steep (usually around $7).  You don't eat it all at once though, and would make a great hostess gift at a get-together.  If you see it around, give it a shot!  You won't be sorry.

3 comments:

  1. Um...I am expecting to see one in your hand when you arrive at PBI in a few short weeks. It should have my name on it! (I'll pay you back)
    (love Mommi)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! I'm adding one to my Christmas gift wish list. All those "hard to buy for" people would LOVE one! I'm not even going to echo your mom's pledge to pay you back! Love and XXX G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of y'all would love them!! There has to be a place closeby for you to get your fix.

    ReplyDelete