Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Casa Shelton-Diego, Pt. 2

Slowly but surely, our home is coming together.  Boxes are being thrown away, rugs are being bought, and paintings are being hung.   We even had people over for brunch this weekend!  A few more peeks...
The dining room is just off the kitchen; how much do you love our red chairs?!  They're superfun, and help break up the neutral wall colors throughout the space.
Our couch.  It's phenomenally comfortable, about 3 feet wide...and 92 inches long.  We were able to move it out of our old place easily, and I should have known something would give when we moved in to the new abode.  Sure enough, it wouldn't even fit in the elevator (which is only 82 inches high).  We now live on the 6th floor, and the loading dock is on P1 (below the ground floor).  John Paul and I were able to carry it up to the 3rd floor before I had to call for help.  Luckily, our friend Mark was on his way home from an interview in Georgetown and was gracious enough to roll up his sleeves and help out with the last 3 flights.  Then, he and John Paul spent 20 minutes getting it through our awkward hallway and into the living room.
Needless to say, that couch isn't going anywhere.
The office has officially been dubbed John Paul's space, and he put this funky assortment together.  The chest holds his record player, globe, and the head was a trash room find (one man's trash...).
 He's done a great job of organizing the bookshelves in the office.  We still don't have a desk; hopefully this won't look so full when he finds one he likes!
Look!  No more boxes!
These bookshelves used to be in the living room, and John Paul had the great idea of using them as bedside tables in the new bedroom.  It works wonderfully!  He flipped the fourth shelf down, so it sticks out instead of in, and it comfortably rests a stack of library books and water; all of my etiquette books and an engraving by my great-grandfather have a happy home next to me.
John Paul made his own bedside lamp.  As you can see, he's a Scotch man.
One of my favorite photographs and perfumes sit atop my dresser.  My family always makes me smile!
Can I close with one more of the living room?  The light that comes in the evening is just beautiful; it's the perfect place to unwind with a glass of wine.  Or two.  Hey, there's no judgment here.

5 comments:

  1. It looks Ab Fab - darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naturally I love the red chairs -- and all of the new place. The struggles with the couch reminded Paul and me of the same predicament we found ourselves in when we moved to our first apartment. We killed ourselves getting ours up but only to the 2nd floor. You guys are strong getting all the way up to the 6th!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't to see it for myself when Uncle Rob & I come visiting DC in February. Of course, we will be staying with Summer Jean & Luke but I will definitely invite ourselves over for a meal.
    aunt nesi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the kind words! Aunt Nesi, you are always welcome to come over for a meal; I promise to make it tasty. And Grandma, John Paul was actually carrying the couch on his back at one point- I was of little assistance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sunsets are awesome there. I always found myself taking my phone out and taking pics. Glad to see you love the place!

    ReplyDelete