Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mushroom and Spinach Lasagna

Since Summer has moved up to DC, I've realized that we have very similar cooking sensibilities.  I say I'm making homemade Twix bars, and she says, "Just keep stirring the sugar so it doesn't burn."  She's mastered biscuits and gravy, and reads the same cooking blogs that I subscribe to.  So when she said a couple weeks ago that she'd made Smitten Kitchen's Mushroom Lasagna, I wasn't too surprised; the recipe had been sitting on my table to make for a couple of days.  She's my kitchen twin!

Summer gave me a tip to making the pasta dish more delicious: add sauteed spinach to the mushrooms. Oh, it put the whole meal over the top rich and tasty! The bechamel is creamy and thick, and compliments the bitterness of the spinach perfectly. And I think I've made my feelings on carbs pretty clear. Combine everything, and I was a very happy girl!
 
Smitten Kitchen's recipe for Mushroom Lasagna is spot-on; all I did was wilt a bunch of spinach (about one bag) in with the mushrooms in the last few minutes of cooking the mushrooms. It's great!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment