Thursday, November 25, 2010

Grateful

 There is a Finnish proverb that reads, "Happiness is a place between too little and too much."
 I fear that the gauge often tips to "Too Much" in my life; I'm surrounded by wonderful friends, loving family, the sweetest, most beloved dog ever, and an amazing man I get to love unconditionally.
 I have a beautiful roof over me, delicious food close by, a (relatively) strong sense of self, and a healthy body.  My job isn't superstressful, my clothes fit me, and my shelves are full of time-tested literature.
 Really, what more can a girl ask for? 
I hope you're spending a warm holiday with people you love, and that you're as lucky as I am.
Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. That's the sweetest post Ive ever read lovely! I have a surprise for you when you get home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh darnnit Abbi, you made me cry (believe it or not)! I had a great holiday and I too have lots and lots to be thankful for. It was nice to see so much family and so many friends. Although, it would have been perfect if Summer Jean and Luke had been here as well. BTW, what was the surprise, your nosy aunt wants to know!!
    love you
    aunt nesi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, the surprise had to be postponed, but it's a mini-Thanksgiving meal for JP and I since we didn't get to spend it together! He's a pretty thoughtful guy.

    ReplyDelete