Monday, November 8, 2010

Spicy Squash Salad with Lentils and Goat Cheese

 Two words: yum yum.
As I've noted numerous times, I feel most comfortable cooking vegetarian entrees, both because of my deep love for veggies and my paralyzing fear of undercooking meat.  Luckily, John Paul doesn't mind eating vegetarian fare once or twice a week!
This entree is so full-bodied and complex, you won't even miss the meat in your dinner.  This was my first time cooking with butternut squash, and I was a bit surprised at how easy it was to peel and chop up.  The spices pair wonderfully with the sweet squash, and the tangy goat cheese melts into the warm lentils.  My only problem is that the recipe really only makes 3 servings, which means John Paul didn't get to bring any to work the next day (I usually win the leftovers game; it's good to be the one who cooks!).
The recipe is from Smitten Kitchen, and I didn't make any changes to the original, except to opt out of the pepitas.  Serve topped with some extra goat cheese and enjoy!

 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely a must try dish. I cook with butternut squash alot, using it as a substitute for carbs. It makes a great side dish especially paired with sauteed fresh spinach.
    aunt nesi

    ReplyDelete