Monday, November 1, 2010

Tuscan White Bean and Garlic Soup

Garlic.
Caramelized shallots.
Heavy cream.
Listen, winter is coming and we need to be ready to hibernate with a few extra pounds.  Right?
I've checked out Giada de Laurentiis' Giada's Kitchen from the library four times; this weekend marked the time that I finally just bought a copy of it for myself.  Now I have access to this recipe whenever I want!  Actually, so do you, with the help of the Internet.
That's beside the point.
This soup will make you a believer of purchasing cookbooks instead of looking at recipes online.  It's thick and creamy, with a rich combination of garlic and sage.  Whip it up and serve with a crusty baguette.  You won't be sorry.
Giada's recipe can be found on the Food Network site, and the only change I made was using a hand blender instead of a real blender.  Eat up!

 
 
P.S. Happy birthday to my wonderful father!!  He taught me that one should always laugh hard enough to fall off a chair, and I'm still learning from him.  I love you, Daddy Man, and am so glad you were born!
 

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious, I will try it this winter on one of our cold (hah!)days. The turkey sloppy joe's were a hit last week. I served them with roasted sweet & white potato medallions. This week for kid's night I am going to make Moroccan Meatballs, I'm just deciding whether to serve them with couscous or jasmine rice. I'll probably settle with the rice since Uncle Rob is not a huge couscous fan.
    aunt nesi

    PS> Would you consider featuring our Thanksgiving dinner on your blog? I know that it will be both delicious and presented beautifully!

    ReplyDelete