Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Casual and Tall

Both shirts: GAP
Distressed Chinos: J. Crew
Belt: Vintage
Wedges: MIA
Earrings: Anthropologie
Bracelets: Made by Haley and Ten Thousand Villages

When I woke up yesterday, the sun was hidden behind a wall of clouds, and there was a strong breeze off the lake. In other words, perfect weather for a light button-down over my usual t-shirt! I kind of took a cue from the J. Crew catalog, which encourages the roll-up of chinos, tall shoes, and the layering of tops. This outfit carried me through a showing of Toy Story 3 (sooo sweet, and made me a wee bit teary), casual dinner, and watching the Diego clan race each other at an indoor go-kart track. The wedges added some unneeded height, but I love them anyway.

3 comments:

  1. As SOON as I saw that first picture, I thought, "I'm going to comment and say she needs to be in a J.Crew catalog", and then lo and behold that was your inspiration! You pulled it off fantastically!! Super-cute, but what else is new?? (love, haley)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent and I had very in-depth and funny conversation about the J. Crew catalog today - he though the woman on the cover looked evil and gaunt. The man had man boobs and it looked the couple had taken a wrong turn - what were they doing hiking in those outfits? He was hilarious! Anyway you WERE able to carry off the look - and Brent agreed - you are to be commended!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! : ) Have you checked out Catalog Living blog? It's pretty hysterical, and has the same observations you've just mentioned.

    ReplyDelete