Friday, August 13, 2010

LOTS of pictures

I'm warning you now: there are a lot of pictures in this post.  There has to be.
Frequently, I make mention to loving my family a whole, whole bunch and missing them down in sunny south Florida.  I thought I'd be able to make it down to see them this month, but temp work has been a bit all over the place, and it just hasn't been feasible.  So instead...
Haley and my Daddy Man took it upon themselves to surprise me up here!
On Sunday afternoon, I answered a knock at the door to find my beloved family (John Paul included) waiting there, with big smiles on their faces and flowers in hand.  Between the three of us, there were 700 pictures to document this momentous occasion; here are 10 of them.
I was utterly shocked; Daddy Man hasn't been to visit me in DC, and it was surreal and wonderful seeing him on my doorstep.  How great is that smile?  He knew he'd done a good thing coming up.
 
We went up to the rooftop to capture all four of us.  What good secret keepers these three are!
Here we all are sitting in Albert Einstein's lap late on Monday night.

Before going to a Something Corporate show on Tuesday night, we stuffed our faces with Ben's Chili Bowl deliciousness.  This place has been in business since 1958!
There was a lot of Metro-ing involved.  It offers a great place for posing, though!
As a sidenote, when John Paul was courting me, Haley visited and he said he'd never seen my smile as bright as when I was around her.  She's just the best sister a girl could ask for.
No trip to visit is complete without some Baked and Wired goodies.  Some iced coffee, lemonade and cupcakes, and we were all set!
The Washington Monument is much wider than our six arms put together... 
...but only double our height! 
Daddy Man has a burgeoning fan club with adoring members.
 And we licked some ice.
All in all, they pulled off an excellent surprise, and it was the best gift I could have received!

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing pictures of happy Abbi! I wish i was home right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures and wish you were home, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! So glad you all had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved this post! Those pictures are great, and so you are you! I had a fantastic time with you, and I'm glad I got to pull one over on you :) (love, haley)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps, i also remember that visit when i was up there, and didn't JP pay for our falafel at cafe yahala (i think)? that was when i knew that i liked him and you two were allowed to date! (love, haley)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haley, that was indeed the trip! So glad we got your permission, Face.

    ReplyDelete