Thursday, August 19, 2010

Raspberry Crisp

Although I don't feel there is every any reason needed for a delectable dessert, I made this fruit crisp last night as a congratulations to myself.  You see, after nearly a year of hunting and interviewing and generally driving everyone around me nuts talking about it, I found a grown-up job.  As of next Friday, I'll be the office manager for the Catholic University Honors program, and am so excited about it!  To top the day off, I whipped up this celebratory raspberry crisp.
This is such a great summer dessert, full of seasonal berries and a crunchy topping.  The recipe I used called for sugar to sweeten the berry mixture, but, because the fruit is already so tasty, I would probably leave that out next time.  Go a la mode with vanilla ice cream, throw some homemade whipped cream on top, or just eat this straight out of the baking dish with a spoon.  Celebrate your own occasion however you see fit!

Celebratory Raspberry Crisp (adapted from Pioneer Woman)
2 1/2 c. raspberries
1 heaping Tbsp. corn starch
1/2 c. sugar (or leave out)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. oats
1/4 c. pecans
Dash of salt
3/4 sticks unsalted butter

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine rinsed raspberries, corn starch, 1/2 c. sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In food processor, add flour, 1/4 c. sugar, brown sugar, oats, pecans, salt and butter. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Pour berry mixture into deep pie dish. Sprinkle topping mixture on top and toss into the oven for 25-30 minutes, until topping is golden brown.
5. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.

 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Chelsea! Hope all is well up in Chicago with you and Halo : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me to make peach crisp last night - it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this would be delicious with peaches! There are so many great fruits to eat this before summer is over.

    ReplyDelete