Thursday, October 28, 2010

Casa Shelton-Diego, Pt. 1

A lot of people have asked why we moved; could you say no to these living rooms views?  That's the park where we can take Mia for her daily walks.
This is the view from the dining room window.  Those towers in the back are the National Cathedral!  It's so gorgeous to eat breakfast in the morning and watch the fall colors come in.
Our mantel's a little bare, but we're going to get a mirror cut to go into the frame (it's a flea market find; John Paul painted it black).  The gas fireplace works with the flip of a switch!  I love the clean white and turquoise accents against the neutral wall, and Mia's new toy basket fits perfectly into a nook between the fireplace and built-in bookcase.
The new kitchen is a bit smaller, but has the same amenities (gas stovetop, great fridge, marble countertops) as the last one, plus these great glass cabinets!  It's encouraged us to get fun colors to punch up the white cabinets, like new latte bowls from Anthropologie in yellow and red (hey, my man's Spanish, what can I say?).
I have to post this, because it's my favorite new thing we've bought for our home.  John Paul needed a new dresser, and we both fell for this mid-century "gentleman's dresser" from Hunted House in Logan Circle.  It's in tip-top shape, and is a great compliment to my Heywood Wakefield dresser that my dad refinished years ago and has moved with me from Florida to DC!
Somewhere in the apartment, John Paul's other loafer is weeping from loneliness.
Ok, maybe the office needs a little work.  It's a process!
I love looking out the window and seeing my little family on the corner.  Hi Mia and John Paul!
More pictures to come soon, along with the story of moving our 92-inch couch into the smaller living room.  We're very lucky to have such generous and helpful friends in the city!


3 comments:

  1. Ok, I literally thought that picture of the mantle was from Real Simple. I said, "Oh, she's posting decoration inspiration for her place!" but that's actually how great your place looks! I love everything!! I love the "PAX" against the window, I love JP's new dresser (which totally goes with Heywood Wakefield), I love the colors in the kitchen! I can't wait to visit again and see it in person! (love, haley)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! It looks even better than our Skype date the other night. Just lovely.....and I agree with Haley - can't wait to see it in person (and sit by the fire with a cocktail). Love, Mommi

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mantle really does look amazing! And that's all Abbi. I wouldn't have ever thought of it but it's really my favorite part of the place so far. The office is my job... which shows you how much better she is at these sorts of things than me!

    ReplyDelete