Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cozy Komi

Dress: Loehmann's find!
Leggings: Gap
Shoes: Nine West
Scarf: Gift from Mom (organic cotton and wonderful!)
Clutch: H&M
My man's birthday was 10.10.10!  What a wonderful date for a wonderful man; I honestly can't imagine how lame my life would be if he wasn't born 25 years ago.  His parents visited over the weekend, and we went out to dinner at the best restaurant in DC.  Komi is certifiably mind-blowingly delicious; the chef has won numerous awards, it's been listed in tons of magazines and publications, and it's the only place where I'll eat the sardines.  If that doesn't speak volumes, I don't know what does.  Find out more about it at Washingtonian.
This outfit does double-duty: it's high-waisted, so I can stuff my face with perfectly prepared goat and suckling pig, and it's gorgeous, so I still look good for a celebratory dinner.  The nude of the dress is a great match for the anchor of black shoes and leggings (hey, it was chilly), and easy to cap off with a scarf.  I felt great, and even better after a three-hour wining and dining experience.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful girl you are -- love the outfit (of course). The birthday celebration sounded wonderful and when I checked out Komi in Washingtonian -- WOW -- you were definitely "squattin' in tall cotton" -- doubt you heard that phrase that evening -- or ever! Good luck with your move. I'll miss your blogs but know you'll be back. Love you -- G'ma

    ReplyDelete