Thursday, October 7, 2010

Plum-Apple pie

It must be fall; I'm getting cravings for warm apple desserts and vanilla ice cream.  When I saw this recipe on Smitten Kitchen, I knew I had to make it for my chill Saturday night in with my man.  As you may have heard from my last pie experiment, crusts are not my forte.  Luckily, this crust is supposed to break so the juices can bubble up through and fill the apartment with the sweet smell of fall fruit and pastry dough.
Take note: I used regular plums, not anything special, and squeezed some orange juice, not lemon juice, into the mix.  Check out the recipe at Smitten Kitchen.
Please don't scrimp on the crust, or use store-bought. It's sweetened with orange zest and sugar, then brushed with cream and some raw sugar. The taste is perfect with the tartness of the apples and plums, and it's especially heavenly with vanilla ice cream. I really can't say enough good things about this perfectly autumn dessert, and insist that you make it for you and someone you love as soon as possible.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment