Monday, October 4, 2010

Turkey Sloppy Joe's

Yay for sloppy joe's!!  It's the meal that's meant to be messy, that should drip down your chin, that shouldn't look really pretty while cooking.  This particular recipe is made with turkey, rather than the usual ground beef, and lots of carrots added to increase vitamin and nutrient intake.
And, I think, for the taste.
It's so delicious: lighter than red meat, fresh because of the carrots and crushed tomatoes, and slightly sweet from the brown sugar.  I topped them off with provolone and put everything on toasted whole wheat buns.  If there are any leftovers, they're tasty when thrown in with some rice and stirred up.  Bon appetit!
I used the recipe from Everyday Food with no changes made to the ingredients and procedure.  Out of sheer laziness, just follow their excellent directions for a trip to taste central!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely going to try this recipe out! I am looking forward to cooler weather so that I can start making soups/stews - I love them! Wednesday evenings have turned into kids night (well kids to me)! I have been having Haley, Eric, Lisa and Justin over and last night served pizza. I didn't make homemade crust but used whole wheat prepared from Publix and it was delicious. One was a traditional pepperoni, veggie and chesse and the other was pesto (homemade of course, chicken, spinach and cheese - yummy! I'm not sure what will be on the menu for next week but I'm sure I will come up with something!

    ReplyDelete