Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Roasted Chicken

Do you have a crock pot?  If you do and you're like me, you love it.  Looooove it.  I pick up something, throw it in, turn the pot on high and eat dinner eight hours later.  Crock pots are perfect for people who work and love simple meals!
All we did was buy a whole chicken, skin on and everything, some carrots and onions, and various seasonings.   There are a few steps to this, but it couldn't possibly be easier!  The chicken comes out juicy and incredibly tender, and the carrots and onions are soft and tasty.  It's a great fall meal!

Roasted Chicken in a Crock Pot
1 whole chicken, bag of gross stuff removed from the cavity
1 c. chicken broth
4 carrots, peeled and sliced into thick coins
1 onion, thickly cut 
4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
1 tsp. of the following: saffron, paprika, pepper, coarse salt
Throw everything into a crock pot.  Turn onto high for 8-10 hours, and cover.  After however many hours, serve with white rice and eat up!
 
 
John Paul actually made this, but I did have an integral hand in eating it.  Does that count?

4 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I lllooovvveee my crock pot too - but never tried a chicken, but now I will have to give it a whirl. Brent made chili in our crock pot yesterday - love it when dinner is done when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my crockpot too but I have a hard time finding recipes that can cook for the twelve hours I am out of the house for work. Unfortunately my crockpot doesn't have a delayed start time option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My crockpot automatically goes to "warm" after the allotted cooking time is over; does yours have the same setting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to check if it has that setting. It doesn't dry the food out?

    ReplyDelete