Thursday, October 21, 2010

Olives or Dinosaur Eggs?

To channel Abbi......

Earrings:  Macy's
Sweater: Gap
Skirt: Sampson & Delilah
Shoes:  Ecco

So....I wasn't going to do a fashion post - but after I bought this skirt I changed my mind.  We have a FANTASTIC Farmer's Market here in Urbana, Illinois.  They have produce, meat, cheese, baked goods and they also have some lovely handmade items.  I have been going by the Sampson & Delilah (www.sampsonNdelilah.etsy.com) booth for two years now and finally made the plunge to get a skirt from her - LOVE IT!  Her stuff is adorable; she even has a skirt with bacon and eggs on it!  She appliques on skirts, jackets and such and has a really great quirky sense of style. The skirt fits perfectly, is just the right length and is SO much fun!  I wore it Monday (which some of you know was my birthday) and it just seemed to make the day more festive.

I did have a question, though...since it has olives on it (which immediately makes me think MARTINI), is it appropriate to wear in the children's department of a public library?  I mentioned this to a colleague and he said he thought they were dinosaur eggs!  Problem solved - when I wear my skirt to work, those round green things are dinosaur eggs, when I wear it out with adults, they are martini olives!

The shoes are librarian shoes fo' sho' - but they are cute, and most importantly comfy. While living in Bethesda, with no car I might add, I came around to the comfy shoe philosophy.  I judged my shoe purchases on the whether I thought I could walk to dinner in them or not.  These passed the test!



2 comments:

  1. Mommi, what an adorable skirt!! And the shoes are definitely not "librarian shoes", they are very chic! (love, haley)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! The length is perfect on you, and the shoes are too too cute! You look wonderful.
    xo Abbi

    ReplyDelete